Raj Thackeray advises Narendra Modi to quit Gujarat CM post, BJP hits back
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The shaky relationship between Raj Thackeray and Narendra Modi became evident on Thursday when the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) president said the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate should leave the Gujarat Chief Minister post.
Slamming Modi, Thackeray said: "If you want to be the PM, then leave the CM post. Don`t just talk of Gujarat but the whole nation"
“You come to Maharashtra and speak about Sardar Patel`s statue. Why don`t you talk about Shivaji Maharaj,” asked the MNS chief.
The BJP has hit back at the MNS chief, saying there is no question of Modi resigning as the Gujarat CM.
Thackeray had earlier supported Modi`s bid for becoming Prime Minister.
However, the equation between the duo changed probably when Modi compared development in Maharashtra and Gujarat at a rally in Mumbai in December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday