Raja allowed to appear before court via video-conferencing
New Delhi: Jailed former Telecom Minister
A Raja`s plea to participate in the proceedings in the 2G
spectrum allocation scam case against him through video-
conferencing was on Tuesday allowed by a Delhi court.
"In view of the fact that electronic video linkage is
available both in the Patiala House court as well as in the
Tihar jail and nothing contrary has been brought to my notice,
the prayer is allowed," Special CBI Judge OP Saini said.
Raja had moved the court yesterday seeking that his
remand proceedings be conducted through video-conferencing.
The application filed by senior advocate Ramesh Gupta
on behalf of Raja also raised the security concerns of the
ex-telecom minister, while pleading to let his client
participate in the court proceedings through video
The judge accepted the plea as the CBI too did not
Raja is currently lodged in Tihar Jail under judicial
custody till March 3.
Raja was arrested on February 2 for his alleged role
in the 2G scam, which, as per the CBI, has caused a pecuniary
loss of Rs 22,000 crore to the state exchequer.
The former minister is alleged to have manipulated rules
to favour some telecom companies including Swan Telecom and
Unitech Private Limited in allocation of spectrum at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!