Raja contesting LS polls an `internal matter` of DMK: Congress
Kanpur: Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla on Monday said the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam`s (DMK) decision to name A Raja as one of its Lok Sabha candidates, was an internal matter of that party.
"It is an internal matter of DMK that they have decided to field A Raja to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Hence, we do not wish to make any unnecessary comments. Moreover, he (Raja) has not been convicted yet by the court." Shukla said.
The reaction from Congress came shortly after the DMK announced candidates for the 35 seats it would contest in the Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, denying ticket to party supremo`s son M K Alagiri while renominating 2G scam accused A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today