Raja contesting LS polls an `internal matter` of DMK: Congress
Kanpur: Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla on Monday said the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam`s (DMK) decision to name A Raja as one of its Lok Sabha candidates, was an internal matter of that party.
"It is an internal matter of DMK that they have decided to field A Raja to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Hence, we do not wish to make any unnecessary comments. Moreover, he (Raja) has not been convicted yet by the court." Shukla said.
The reaction from Congress came shortly after the DMK announced candidates for the 35 seats it would contest in the Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, denying ticket to party supremo`s son M K Alagiri while renominating 2G scam accused A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan