Raja hails elevation of Justice Sathasivam as CJI
New Delhi: CPI MP D Raja on Friday hailed the assumption of office by the new Chief Justice of India Justice P Sathasivam, saying his views on representation for depressed classes, including women, in higher judiciary were progressive.
Raja, who attended the swearing in ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, said his elevation to the top post in the judiciary also sent a good message in the country as the judge hailed from a humble agriculture family.
Justice Sathasivam is the first judge from Tamil Nadu to become the Chief Justice of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31