Raja sharing Tihar ward with former Delhi ACP Rathi
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
who was today sent to Tihar Jail by a Delhi court is sharing
the ward with former Delhi ACP S S Rathi, convicted in the
1997 Connaught Place shootout case.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum
allocation scam, the minister was brought to the prison
around 6 pm and was immediately taken to Jail no 1, sources
He did not interact with any prisoner since he entered
his ward and kept reading, they said.
Jail No 1 also houses Rathi, serving life term
following his conviction by a Delhi trial court on October 24,
2007 in the case of kiiling two businessmen.
According to court orders, Raja will have home made
food twice daily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you