Raja sharing Tihar ward with former Delhi ACP Rathi
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
who was today sent to Tihar Jail by a Delhi court is sharing
the ward with former Delhi ACP S S Rathi, convicted in the
1997 Connaught Place shootout case.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum
allocation scam, the minister was brought to the prison
around 6 pm and was immediately taken to Jail no 1, sources
He did not interact with any prisoner since he entered
his ward and kept reading, they said.
Jail No 1 also houses Rathi, serving life term
following his conviction by a Delhi trial court on October 24,
2007 in the case of kiiling two businessmen.
According to court orders, Raja will have home made
food twice daily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter