Raja sharing Tihar ward with former Delhi ACP Rathi
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
who was today sent to Tihar Jail by a Delhi court is sharing
the ward with former Delhi ACP S S Rathi, convicted in the
1997 Connaught Place shootout case.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum
allocation scam, the minister was brought to the prison
around 6 pm and was immediately taken to Jail no 1, sources
He did not interact with any prisoner since he entered
his ward and kept reading, they said.
Jail No 1 also houses Rathi, serving life term
following his conviction by a Delhi trial court on October 24,
2007 in the case of kiiling two businessmen.
According to court orders, Raja will have home made
food twice daily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre