Raja sharing Tihar ward with former Delhi ACP Rathi
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
who was today sent to Tihar Jail by a Delhi court is sharing
the ward with former Delhi ACP S S Rathi, convicted in the
1997 Connaught Place shootout case.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum
allocation scam, the minister was brought to the prison
around 6 pm and was immediately taken to Jail no 1, sources
He did not interact with any prisoner since he entered
his ward and kept reading, they said.
Jail No 1 also houses Rathi, serving life term
following his conviction by a Delhi trial court on October 24,
2007 in the case of kiiling two businessmen.
According to court orders, Raja will have home made
food twice daily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa