Raja sharing Tihar ward with former Delhi ACP Rathi
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja
who was today sent to Tihar Jail by a Delhi court is sharing
the ward with former Delhi ACP S S Rathi, convicted in the
1997 Connaught Place shootout case.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum
allocation scam, the minister was brought to the prison
around 6 pm and was immediately taken to Jail no 1, sources
He did not interact with any prisoner since he entered
his ward and kept reading, they said.
Jail No 1 also houses Rathi, serving life term
following his conviction by a Delhi trial court on October 24,
2007 in the case of kiiling two businessmen.
According to court orders, Raja will have home made
food twice daily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah