Raja turns 49, spends quiet birthday in Tihar
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja, jailed in the 2G spectrum allocation case, observed his 49th birthday in Tihar jail Thursday, visibly upset over not being able to meet family and friends.
"He was upset as he could not meet his friends and family but he is happy as he is hopeful of getting bail," a jail official said.
According to the authorities, it was just a usual day for Raja who performed routine chores like any other prisoner.
It was the second birthday in Tihar for Raja, who was arrested Feb 2, 2011 for his alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation case which caused huge losses to the national exchequer.
"Raja seems to have adapted to prison life, spent his birthday attending the routine chores like any other prisoner," said a Tihar jail officer.
"After attending the an hour of `pranayam` classes, which is conducted for all inmates inside the jail and attending the roll call, everything was as usual for him (Raja)," the officer added.
On Wednesday, Raja moved a bail application in a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on grounds of parity, after the Supreme Court granted bail to ex-telecom secretary Siddharth Behura in case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH