Raja`s brother, associate quizzed by CBI
New Delhi: After questioning former telecom minister A Raja, the CBI on Tuesday quizzed his brother and a close associate in connection with the Rs 22,000 crore 2G spectrum scam.
Official sources said Raja`s brother - A Kaliya Perumal was questioned for over seven hours at the agency`s headquarters here.
They said a close associate of Raja was also questioned.
Sources said the agency is in the process of questioning everyone whose premises were searched by it in connection with its ongoing probe into the scam.
Though officials were tight-lipped about the line of questioning, sources said, Perumal was questioned on certain financial transactions and his dealings with certain firms.
Interestingly, CBI sleuths, who had yesterday questioned Raja for the third time, had quizzed him about the role of some of his kin in a few offshoot companies of these telecom firms besides the flow of funds.
Raja was forced to resign on November 14 last year in the wake of the CAG report which held that the spectrum allocation at undervalued prices resulted in a notional loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the state exchequer.
Raja got the telecom portfolio on May 18, 2007 and was re-elected as a Member of the 15th Lok Sabha and continued as Telecom Minister from May 31, 2009, till November 14, 2010 before he tendered his resignation.
The Supreme Court has asked CBI and Enforcement Directorate to submit status reports on their investigations into the 2G spectrum case to it by February 10 when the case will come up for further hearing.
In its FIR, CBI mentioned the loss as Rs 22,000 crore based on CVC findings which had referred the case to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey