Raja`s supporters celebrate his release
New Delhi: It was a moment of celebration for followers of former Telecom Minister A Raja as they burst crackers and distributed sweets among themselves to celebrate his release from prison on bail in the 2G case.
Sound of crackers resonated Motilal Nehru Marg where Raja`s residence is located and his followers raised slogans praising the DMK leader.
Accompanied by DMK parliamentary party leader T R Baalu, Raja arrived at this house a little after 7.40 PM, minutes after he walked out of jail.
As his car entered the gate, crackers were burst and followers beat drums and sang songs to welcome him.
It took a few minutes for the driver to enter the residence as he negotiated through mediapersons who had assembled in large numbers.
His supporters kept beating drums and raising slogans as Raja was welcomed by his wife Parameshwari at the entrance of their house.
Soon, Raja was welcomed with `aarati` by his relatives and went inside where his supporters and DMK leaders were waiting for him.
Union Minister of State Napolean came a little later to greet Raja.
A number of people had come from Chennai and his native of Perambalur near Tiruchi in Tamil Nadu to meet and welcome Raja.
A little later, the DMK MP from Milgiris came and posed for photographs after a request from still photographers.
Arrangements were also being made for a gala dinner tonight for his supporters, DMK leaders and lawyers to celebrate the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list