Rajasthan ATS trying to frame me in Ajmer case: Bairagi
Shajapur: An alleged accused in the Malegaon
bomb blast case, Dharmendra Bairagi who was arrested by the
Mumbai ATS two years ago and later released within a month
today said the Rajasthan ATS was trying to frame him in the
Ajmer blast case.
Bairagi, who belongs to Dewas district told reporters
along with the lawyers of Chandrashekhar Barod, who is at
present in the custody of Rajasthan ATS in connection with the
Ajmer blast case that Rajasthan ATS was trying to frame him in
the case by describing him as absconding in the media.
"Everybody knows that I am not absconding and very much
present in the village," Bairagi said.
He said Mumbai ATS arrested him on October 14, 2008 from
Dewas in connection with the Malegaon blast case.
Bairagi alleged that sleuths of Mumbai ATS assaulted him
in an inhuman manner and forced him to give false statement in
connection with Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and later released him
after a month as they failed to establish anything against him
in the case.
He said he had also filed a case in the Indore High Court
on the issue.
Bairagi said he does not have any connection with any
terrorism-related incident in the country and warned that if
Rajasthan ATS tried to implicate him in the matter then he
will commit suicide.
As far as Sadhvi Pragya Thakur is concerned, Bairagi said
he came to know her through late Laxman Singh Gaud, who was a
Minister in the BJP government. After that only he invited her
to his village for giving religious discourse, he said adding
since then he does not have any contact with her.
Meanwhile, Barod`s lawyer, Deepak Rawal also described
his client as a simple farmer and alleged that he was
unnecessarily being framed in the case by the Rajasthan ATS
which arrested him from his Chipri village in Shajapur
Next day, the ATS took another person identified as
Vishnu Patidar into its custody to falsely implicate him in
the case but left him back in the village two days back when
they did not found any proof against him, Rawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you