Rajasthan ATS trying to frame me in Ajmer case: Bairagi
Shajapur: An alleged accused in the Malegaon
bomb blast case, Dharmendra Bairagi who was arrested by the
Mumbai ATS two years ago and later released within a month
today said the Rajasthan ATS was trying to frame him in the
Ajmer blast case.
Bairagi, who belongs to Dewas district told reporters
along with the lawyers of Chandrashekhar Barod, who is at
present in the custody of Rajasthan ATS in connection with the
Ajmer blast case that Rajasthan ATS was trying to frame him in
the case by describing him as absconding in the media.
"Everybody knows that I am not absconding and very much
present in the village," Bairagi said.
He said Mumbai ATS arrested him on October 14, 2008 from
Dewas in connection with the Malegaon blast case.
Bairagi alleged that sleuths of Mumbai ATS assaulted him
in an inhuman manner and forced him to give false statement in
connection with Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and later released him
after a month as they failed to establish anything against him
in the case.
He said he had also filed a case in the Indore High Court
on the issue.
Bairagi said he does not have any connection with any
terrorism-related incident in the country and warned that if
Rajasthan ATS tried to implicate him in the matter then he
will commit suicide.
As far as Sadhvi Pragya Thakur is concerned, Bairagi said
he came to know her through late Laxman Singh Gaud, who was a
Minister in the BJP government. After that only he invited her
to his village for giving religious discourse, he said adding
since then he does not have any contact with her.
Meanwhile, Barod`s lawyer, Deepak Rawal also described
his client as a simple farmer and alleged that he was
unnecessarily being framed in the case by the Rajasthan ATS
which arrested him from his Chipri village in Shajapur
Next day, the ATS took another person identified as
Vishnu Patidar into its custody to falsely implicate him in
the case but left him back in the village two days back when
they did not found any proof against him, Rawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic