Rajasthan: Docs continue stir, 50 dead
Jaipur: In a tragic situation, over 50 people have lost their lives across Rajasthan after medical services was virtually paralysed in five major districts of the state with around 1,200 resident doctors going on an indefinite strike against alleged lathicharge on medicos in Jodhpur.
50 people, including infants have died in the state, especially in Jodhpur and Jaipur due to lack of proper medical care. All six government medical colleges and their attached hospitals in Rajasthan have left medical services crippled in the state for over three days now.
While the outdoor patient departments (OPD) have been adversely affected at all hospitals following the strike that began Saturday, the indoor patients have been left to the mercy of nursing staff.
"We are looking into the issue. We have also heard about these deaths and have to verify facts. If so many have died, then the cause of death has to be ascertained. It is pre-mature for us to comment," said an official of the medical and health department in Jodhpur on Monday on condition of anonymity.
The resident doctors are on strike since Saturday protesting alleged police atrocities at the MDM Medical College.
Demanding action against senior police and administration officials, private and government doctors went on a strike in around 40 hospitals in Jodhpur, while resident doctors struck work in Jaipur, Kota, Ajmer and Bikaner.
"We have called the strike to protest the baton-charge Saturday in which many of our students and doctors were injured," Dr KK Sahu, president of the Jaipur Association of Resident Doctors said, adding that the strike would continue till the police officials are suspended.
Resident doctors say the police resorted to baton-charge following a minor scuffle between some doctors and attendants of a patient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’