Rajasthan HC upholds 10-yr RI of Pak national
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court has upheld
a lower court`s decision to sentence a Pakistani national to
10-year rigorous imprisonment on the charges of spying and
indulging in anti-national activities.
Justice Mahesh Chanda Sharma dismissed the criminal
revision petition filed by Jeeshaan Aalam alias Mohammad
Aslam of Pakistan yesterday, who was arrested by the state
police in 2001, observing that he was involved in
The court was informed that he was guilty of
impersonation for spying in India at the instance of Pakistan
and that he had also received financial aid from one of his
sisters in England.
The accused had obtained fake Indian passport, ration
card among other documents through fraudulent means in Delhi,
claiming to be Mohammad Aslam of Allahabad.
Jeeshaan is undergoing a 10-year rigorous imprisonment
term for these offences. He was apprehended on the basis of a
secret information from Jodhpur.
He first arrived in India in February 2001 and stayed
in Delhi for three months where he obtained his fake
identity-proofs with the help of an accomplice.
After getting his passport, he moved to Jodhpur in May
from where he was arrested in December 2001.
Considering the grave nature of his offences and his
involvement in anti-national activities, the court turned down
sympathetic consideration of his revision petition and upheld
the 10-year RI awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what