Rajasthan HC upholds 10-yr RI of Pak national
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court has upheld
a lower court`s decision to sentence a Pakistani national to
10-year rigorous imprisonment on the charges of spying and
indulging in anti-national activities.
Justice Mahesh Chanda Sharma dismissed the criminal
revision petition filed by Jeeshaan Aalam alias Mohammad
Aslam of Pakistan yesterday, who was arrested by the state
police in 2001, observing that he was involved in
The court was informed that he was guilty of
impersonation for spying in India at the instance of Pakistan
and that he had also received financial aid from one of his
sisters in England.
The accused had obtained fake Indian passport, ration
card among other documents through fraudulent means in Delhi,
claiming to be Mohammad Aslam of Allahabad.
Jeeshaan is undergoing a 10-year rigorous imprisonment
term for these offences. He was apprehended on the basis of a
secret information from Jodhpur.
He first arrived in India in February 2001 and stayed
in Delhi for three months where he obtained his fake
identity-proofs with the help of an accomplice.
After getting his passport, he moved to Jodhpur in May
from where he was arrested in December 2001.
Considering the grave nature of his offences and his
involvement in anti-national activities, the court turned down
sympathetic consideration of his revision petition and upheld
the 10-year RI awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C