Rajasthan HC upholds 10-yr RI of Pak national
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court has upheld
a lower court`s decision to sentence a Pakistani national to
10-year rigorous imprisonment on the charges of spying and
indulging in anti-national activities.
Justice Mahesh Chanda Sharma dismissed the criminal
revision petition filed by Jeeshaan Aalam alias Mohammad
Aslam of Pakistan yesterday, who was arrested by the state
police in 2001, observing that he was involved in
The court was informed that he was guilty of
impersonation for spying in India at the instance of Pakistan
and that he had also received financial aid from one of his
sisters in England.
The accused had obtained fake Indian passport, ration
card among other documents through fraudulent means in Delhi,
claiming to be Mohammad Aslam of Allahabad.
Jeeshaan is undergoing a 10-year rigorous imprisonment
term for these offences. He was apprehended on the basis of a
secret information from Jodhpur.
He first arrived in India in February 2001 and stayed
in Delhi for three months where he obtained his fake
identity-proofs with the help of an accomplice.
After getting his passport, he moved to Jodhpur in May
from where he was arrested in December 2001.
Considering the grave nature of his offences and his
involvement in anti-national activities, the court turned down
sympathetic consideration of his revision petition and upheld
the 10-year RI awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed