Rajasthan spy case: MHA official questioned
New Delhi: An official in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) was questioned on Monday in connection with an espionage case in Rajasthan.
The official, Chandreshwar, has been posted as Section Officer at Foreign Desk in the ministry.
According to reports, Chandreshwar was in touch with Sumer Khan, a computer expert who was arrested last month by the Rajasthan police for sharing sensitive information with Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) regarding the Indian Air Force’s recently-held “Iron Fist” exercise.
In a joint operation, the Rajasthan Police’s Special Branch (Jaipur) and the CID (Jodhpur zone) had arrested Sumar Khan near the Chandhan field firing range of the Indian Air Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister