Rajasthan spy case: MHA official questioned
New Delhi: An official in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) was questioned on Monday in connection with an espionage case in Rajasthan.
The official, Chandreshwar, has been posted as Section Officer at Foreign Desk in the ministry.
According to reports, Chandreshwar was in touch with Sumer Khan, a computer expert who was arrested last month by the Rajasthan police for sharing sensitive information with Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) regarding the Indian Air Force’s recently-held “Iron Fist” exercise.
In a joint operation, the Rajasthan Police’s Special Branch (Jaipur) and the CID (Jodhpur zone) had arrested Sumar Khan near the Chandhan field firing range of the Indian Air Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown