Rajasthan spy case: MHA official questioned
New Delhi: An official in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) was questioned on Monday in connection with an espionage case in Rajasthan.
The official, Chandreshwar, has been posted as Section Officer at Foreign Desk in the ministry.
According to reports, Chandreshwar was in touch with Sumer Khan, a computer expert who was arrested last month by the Rajasthan police for sharing sensitive information with Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) regarding the Indian Air Force’s recently-held “Iron Fist” exercise.
In a joint operation, the Rajasthan Police’s Special Branch (Jaipur) and the CID (Jodhpur zone) had arrested Sumar Khan near the Chandhan field firing range of the Indian Air Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation