Rajasthan, Tripura, Karnataka, Delhi bag EC award for best electoral practices
New Delhi: The four states of Rajasthan, Tripura, Karnataka and Delhi have been selected by the Election Commission for an award of excellence for having the best electoral practices and introducing innovative measures which saw them achieve high turnouts in Assembly polls last year.
Noting their achievements in the area of poll management, EC has decided to confer upon these four states the `Award of Excellence` as part of the National Awards, 2013.
The award will be presented by the President as part of a National Voters` Day function tomorrow.
The 2013 Assembly polls saw an increase of 14.54 per cent in the voter turnout in Delhi whereas other states which went to polls, like Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan recorded an increase of 4.12, 9.54, 11.95 percent, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?