Rajasthan, Tripura, Karnataka, Delhi bag EC award for best electoral practices
New Delhi: The four states of Rajasthan, Tripura, Karnataka and Delhi have been selected by the Election Commission for an award of excellence for having the best electoral practices and introducing innovative measures which saw them achieve high turnouts in Assembly polls last year.
Noting their achievements in the area of poll management, EC has decided to confer upon these four states the `Award of Excellence` as part of the National Awards, 2013.
The award will be presented by the President as part of a National Voters` Day function tomorrow.
The 2013 Assembly polls saw an increase of 14.54 per cent in the voter turnout in Delhi whereas other states which went to polls, like Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan recorded an increase of 4.12, 9.54, 11.95 percent, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31