Rajdhani derails, sabotage not ruled out
Kolkata: Passengers of the Howrah-bound Rajdhani Express escaped unhurt on Monday when the engine derailed at a station in Hooghly district with the Railways not ruling out sabotage as 300 pandoral clips on the tracks were found removed.
The New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express was at a slow speed while it was passing through a platform of the Baruipara station, around 27 km from Kolkata, when two front wheels of the engine jumped the tracks, Eastern railway CPRO Samir Goswami told a news agency.
None of the coaches were affected by the derailment, which occurred at around 9:15 am, he said.
Eastern Railway sources had earlier said that two coaches had also derailed.
"Since none of the coaches were affected there was no casualty or injury," the CPRO said.
"Prima facie 300 pandoral clips on the tracks were found removed, therefore we are not ruling out sabotage," Goswami said.
The chief operations manager, Eastern Railways, Ambarish Mukherjee who was on the train, took charge of the situation immediately after the derailment, the CPRO said.
A EMU rake was sent from Howrah to bring the stranded passengers of the Rajdhani to the terminus, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what