Rajdhani Exp detained for over two hours near Howrah
Kolkata: Irked over a 14-minute delay in the
departure of a passenger train, travellers on Friday detained
Howrah bound Rajdhani Express for about two hours.
The train, 2302 Down New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express
was detained near the Dankuni Junction by people angry over
the 14-minute delay in the departure of the Dankuni-Sealdah
passenger train, 15 kms from Howrah.
The group of people squatted on the railway tracks
resulting in the halting of the train, which finally left
around 11.40 am after the protestors withdrew their agitation.
The scheduled arrival of the train at Howrah was 9.55 am.
On October 27, the Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express was
help up for about seven and a half hours at Banstala halt, 10
km from Jhargram in West Midnapore district, by activists of
the People`s Committee against Police Atrocities demanding
the release of their jailed leader Chhatradhar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town