Rajdhani Exp detained for over two hours near Howrah
Kolkata: Irked over a 14-minute delay in the
departure of a passenger train, travellers on Friday detained
Howrah bound Rajdhani Express for about two hours.
The train, 2302 Down New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express
was detained near the Dankuni Junction by people angry over
the 14-minute delay in the departure of the Dankuni-Sealdah
passenger train, 15 kms from Howrah.
The group of people squatted on the railway tracks
resulting in the halting of the train, which finally left
around 11.40 am after the protestors withdrew their agitation.
The scheduled arrival of the train at Howrah was 9.55 am.
On October 27, the Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express was
help up for about seven and a half hours at Banstala halt, 10
km from Jhargram in West Midnapore district, by activists of
the People`s Committee against Police Atrocities demanding
the release of their jailed leader Chhatradhar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan