Rajdhani Exp detained for over two hours near Howrah
Kolkata: Irked over a 14-minute delay in the
departure of a passenger train, travellers on Friday detained
Howrah bound Rajdhani Express for about two hours.
The train, 2302 Down New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express
was detained near the Dankuni Junction by people angry over
the 14-minute delay in the departure of the Dankuni-Sealdah
passenger train, 15 kms from Howrah.
The group of people squatted on the railway tracks
resulting in the halting of the train, which finally left
around 11.40 am after the protestors withdrew their agitation.
The scheduled arrival of the train at Howrah was 9.55 am.
On October 27, the Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express was
help up for about seven and a half hours at Banstala halt, 10
km from Jhargram in West Midnapore district, by activists of
the People`s Committee against Police Atrocities demanding
the release of their jailed leader Chhatradhar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre