Rajdhani Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe
Lucknow: A fire broke out in the engine of a Rajdhani Express on the outskirts of this Uttar Pradesh capital Wednesday, disrupting the busy Sultanpur-Lucknow rail route, officials said. No injury or casualty was reported.
The engine of the New Delhi-bound Guwahati Rajdhani Express caught fire near the Rehmatnagar railway station, about 40 km from here.
"The fire has been controlled. The affected engine has also been detached and will be soon replaced with another engine so that the train can leave for its destination as early as possible," Divisional Railway Manager, Lucknow Division, J.S. Sondhi told reporters here.
"We are yet to ascertain the reason behind the fire. An enquiry has been ordered into the incident," he added.
An engine of a passenger train would be connected to the Rajdhani Express to bring it to Lucknow. The passenger train`s engine would then be replaced by another engine that matches the efficiency of the original engine damaged in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation