Rajdhani Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe
Lucknow: A fire broke out in the engine of a Rajdhani Express on the outskirts of this Uttar Pradesh capital Wednesday, disrupting the busy Sultanpur-Lucknow rail route, officials said. No injury or casualty was reported.
The engine of the New Delhi-bound Guwahati Rajdhani Express caught fire near the Rehmatnagar railway station, about 40 km from here.
"The fire has been controlled. The affected engine has also been detached and will be soon replaced with another engine so that the train can leave for its destination as early as possible," Divisional Railway Manager, Lucknow Division, J.S. Sondhi told reporters here.
"We are yet to ascertain the reason behind the fire. An enquiry has been ordered into the incident," he added.
An engine of a passenger train would be connected to the Rajdhani Express to bring it to Lucknow. The passenger train`s engine would then be replaced by another engine that matches the efficiency of the original engine damaged in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test