Rajdhani Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe
Lucknow: A fire broke out in the engine of a Rajdhani Express on the outskirts of this Uttar Pradesh capital Wednesday, disrupting the busy Sultanpur-Lucknow rail route, officials said. No injury or casualty was reported.
The engine of the New Delhi-bound Guwahati Rajdhani Express caught fire near the Rehmatnagar railway station, about 40 km from here.
"The fire has been controlled. The affected engine has also been detached and will be soon replaced with another engine so that the train can leave for its destination as early as possible," Divisional Railway Manager, Lucknow Division, J.S. Sondhi told reporters here.
"We are yet to ascertain the reason behind the fire. An enquiry has been ordered into the incident," he added.
An engine of a passenger train would be connected to the Rajdhani Express to bring it to Lucknow. The passenger train`s engine would then be replaced by another engine that matches the efficiency of the original engine damaged in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video