Rajdhani, Shatabdi facilities for Arjuna awardees
New Delhi: Railway Ministry has decided that the complimentary passes issued to Arjuna Awardees shall now be valid for travel in Ist AC and Second AC in all express trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
However, the free passes issued to sportspersons will not be valid in Duronto trains.
A circular to this effect has been issued to all zonal railways for implementation.
The complimentary pass entitles the Arjun awardees lifelong free travel for self only.
However, the Arjuna awardee is entitled to facility of a companion travelling with the sportsperson in the same class after attaining the age of 65 years.
As per the policy, railways provides 1st Class/2nd AC complimentary card passes to meritorious sportspersons who are Arjuna Awardees, Olympic Medalists, Gold Medalists in Asian or Commonwealth Games or Dronacharya Awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM