Rajdhani, Shatabdi facilities for Arjuna awardees
New Delhi: Railway Ministry has decided that the complimentary passes issued to Arjuna Awardees shall now be valid for travel in Ist AC and Second AC in all express trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
However, the free passes issued to sportspersons will not be valid in Duronto trains.
A circular to this effect has been issued to all zonal railways for implementation.
The complimentary pass entitles the Arjun awardees lifelong free travel for self only.
However, the Arjuna awardee is entitled to facility of a companion travelling with the sportsperson in the same class after attaining the age of 65 years.
As per the policy, railways provides 1st Class/2nd AC complimentary card passes to meritorious sportspersons who are Arjuna Awardees, Olympic Medalists, Gold Medalists in Asian or Commonwealth Games or Dronacharya Awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse