Rajdhani, Shatabdi facilities for Arjuna awardees
New Delhi: Railway Ministry has decided that the complimentary passes issued to Arjuna Awardees shall now be valid for travel in Ist AC and Second AC in all express trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
However, the free passes issued to sportspersons will not be valid in Duronto trains.
A circular to this effect has been issued to all zonal railways for implementation.
The complimentary pass entitles the Arjun awardees lifelong free travel for self only.
However, the Arjuna awardee is entitled to facility of a companion travelling with the sportsperson in the same class after attaining the age of 65 years.
As per the policy, railways provides 1st Class/2nd AC complimentary card passes to meritorious sportspersons who are Arjuna Awardees, Olympic Medalists, Gold Medalists in Asian or Commonwealth Games or Dronacharya Awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you