Rajdhani, Shatabdi facilities for Arjuna awardees
New Delhi: Railway Ministry has decided that the complimentary passes issued to Arjuna Awardees shall now be valid for travel in Ist AC and Second AC in all express trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
However, the free passes issued to sportspersons will not be valid in Duronto trains.
A circular to this effect has been issued to all zonal railways for implementation.
The complimentary pass entitles the Arjun awardees lifelong free travel for self only.
However, the Arjuna awardee is entitled to facility of a companion travelling with the sportsperson in the same class after attaining the age of 65 years.
As per the policy, railways provides 1st Class/2nd AC complimentary card passes to meritorious sportspersons who are Arjuna Awardees, Olympic Medalists, Gold Medalists in Asian or Commonwealth Games or Dronacharya Awardees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!