Rajdhani, Shatabdi facilities for Arjuna awardees
New Delhi: Railway Ministry has decided that the complimentary passes issued to Arjuna Awardees shall now be valid for travel in Ist AC and Second AC in all express trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
However, the free passes issued to sportspersons will not be valid in Duronto trains.
A circular to this effect has been issued to all zonal railways for implementation.
The complimentary pass entitles the Arjun awardees lifelong free travel for self only.
However, the Arjuna awardee is entitled to facility of a companion travelling with the sportsperson in the same class after attaining the age of 65 years.
As per the policy, railways provides 1st Class/2nd AC complimentary card passes to meritorious sportspersons who are Arjuna Awardees, Olympic Medalists, Gold Medalists in Asian or Commonwealth Games or Dronacharya Awardees.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today