Raje demands apology from RBI governor
Jaipur: BJP Rajasthan president Vasundhara Raje on Monday demanded apology from RBI Governor D Subbarao for his comment on the rise in food inflation.
The RBI Governor by saying that rural people`s shift to protein and eating more of egg, milk and fruits is causing food inflation is an insult of the poor, she said.
Subbarao should visit Rajasthan to see the ground reality she said.
"He should come and see that how tribals are living," a release here quoting her as saying said.
Impressive rise in rural incomes is fuelling food inflation as people`s dietary habits are changing for the better and increasing consumption, RBI Governor D Subbarao said at Bangalore on April 6.
Subbarao said here the poor segments of the population are seeing an increase in income, leading to shift in their dietary habits. People are shifting from cereals to protein and eating more of egg, meat, milk, vegetables, pulses and fruits and "that`s causing food inflation".
Raje, who is on canvassing mission in view of assembly elections due later this year, in a meeting at Udaipur accused the UPA government and the Congress government at Rajasthan of making mockery of the poor.
Raje also said that the law and order situation has deteriorated in the state and a Union minister has to sit on dharna to press for his demand.
She was referring to a dharna by MoS Rural Development Lalchand Katariya in the state capital demanding proper investigation in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards