Raje demands apology from RBI governor
Jaipur: BJP Rajasthan president Vasundhara Raje on Monday demanded apology from RBI Governor D Subbarao for his comment on the rise in food inflation.
The RBI Governor by saying that rural people`s shift to protein and eating more of egg, milk and fruits is causing food inflation is an insult of the poor, she said.
Subbarao should visit Rajasthan to see the ground reality she said.
"He should come and see that how tribals are living," a release here quoting her as saying said.
Impressive rise in rural incomes is fuelling food inflation as people`s dietary habits are changing for the better and increasing consumption, RBI Governor D Subbarao said at Bangalore on April 6.
Subbarao said here the poor segments of the population are seeing an increase in income, leading to shift in their dietary habits. People are shifting from cereals to protein and eating more of egg, meat, milk, vegetables, pulses and fruits and "that`s causing food inflation".
Raje, who is on canvassing mission in view of assembly elections due later this year, in a meeting at Udaipur accused the UPA government and the Congress government at Rajasthan of making mockery of the poor.
Raje also said that the law and order situation has deteriorated in the state and a Union minister has to sit on dharna to press for his demand.
She was referring to a dharna by MoS Rural Development Lalchand Katariya in the state capital demanding proper investigation in a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda