Rajesh Talwar stabbed outside court

Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar was on Tuesday attacked outside the CBI special court.

Zeenews Bureau

Ghaziabad: In a sensational development, Rajesh Talwar, father of
murdered teenager Aarushi, was Tuesday attacked by Utsav Sharma - the same man who had stabbed Ruchika Girhotra molestation case accused SPS Rathore last year - outside the CBI court premises here, leaving Talwar profusely bleeding from the head.

54-year-old Talwar, who had gone to the court to file a petition demanding a fresh probe by the CBI in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, was rushed to Sarvodaya Hospital in the city; doctors have now pronounced him to be out of danger. He was later shifted to Apollo Hospital in Delhi.

Utsav attacked Talwar with a cleaver when he was standing next to a photocopying shop after he came out of the court after filing his plea.

In the midst of the commotion, the attacker was apprehended by bystanders, who also slapped and punched the youth.

Amid sloganeering by lawyers, police personnel took him to a lock-up in the court premises.

Speaking to reporters Senior Superintendent of Police, Raghubir Lal confirmed the assailant as Utsav, a resident of Nawada near Varanasi and that he had come to Delhi two days back.

He said that more details about the motive of the attack and whether he is the same man who had attacked Rathore would be confirmed in an hour or so. However, the police chief opined that the attacker seems to be interested in being ‘in the news’.

29-year-old Utsav Sharma was a student of the prestigious National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad and shot into limelight after he attacked SPS Rathore outside the court in Panchkula near Chandigarh on February 9, 2010.

He was later released on bail by the court there on a personal bond of Rs 50,000 on the grounds that he is mentally unstable and needs medical attention.

But he has once again carried out his method of vigilante justice, this time in Ghaziabad.

Meanwhile, following the incident, the court adjourned the
hearing in the case till February 8, lawyers said.

Earlier, Talwar had moved an 86-page protest petition
against CBI`s closure report in the Aarushi-Hemraj case and
demanded a fresh probe.

14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered at her
residence in 2008. The body of their domestic help Hemraj was
found in the terrace of the house later.