Rajini in Singapore hospital on Big B’s advice
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been constantly in touch with superstar Rajinikanth and his family ever since the ‘Robot’ star was hospitalized last month.
Rajini, who flew to Singapore recently for further treatment of renal failure, was actually advised by Big B to head to Mount Elizabeth Hospital. And, apparently he also had a word with the doctors over there.
Talking to a daily, a source close to Rajini’s family said, “Rajiniji has been diagnosed with renal failure leading to kidney complications. Rajiniji’s family is indebted to Amitji for recommending the treatment in Singapore.”
Bachchan, who is very close to the superstar, is deeply concerned about his recurrent illness in the recent past. He said, “I’ve been talking to Rajini and his wife Latha on his condition and on his welfare regularly. Latha wanted to take him out and asked me to recommend a destination. Of the many options that came up, I suggested Singapore.”
Expressing how grounded Rajini is despite being a megastar, Big B said, “He’s so down-to-earth! How he remains that way with the kind of fan-following is a mystery. And his wife has been a wonderful support. She has brought up their children so well. We discuss issues with each other.”
Rajinikanth and Amitabh Bachchan have acted together in blockbusters ‘Andha Kanoon’ and ‘Hum’. Since then, the two veteran actors have been thick friends. Rajini, 61, romanced Bachchan’s bahu Aishwarya Rai in the superhit film ‘Robot’, released last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter