Rajini in Singapore hospital on Big B’s advice
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been constantly in touch with superstar Rajinikanth and his family ever since the ‘Robot’ star was hospitalized last month.
Rajini, who flew to Singapore recently for further treatment of renal failure, was actually advised by Big B to head to Mount Elizabeth Hospital. And, apparently he also had a word with the doctors over there.
Talking to a daily, a source close to Rajini’s family said, “Rajiniji has been diagnosed with renal failure leading to kidney complications. Rajiniji’s family is indebted to Amitji for recommending the treatment in Singapore.”
Bachchan, who is very close to the superstar, is deeply concerned about his recurrent illness in the recent past. He said, “I’ve been talking to Rajini and his wife Latha on his condition and on his welfare regularly. Latha wanted to take him out and asked me to recommend a destination. Of the many options that came up, I suggested Singapore.”
Expressing how grounded Rajini is despite being a megastar, Big B said, “He’s so down-to-earth! How he remains that way with the kind of fan-following is a mystery. And his wife has been a wonderful support. She has brought up their children so well. We discuss issues with each other.”
Rajinikanth and Amitabh Bachchan have acted together in blockbusters ‘Andha Kanoon’ and ‘Hum’. Since then, the two veteran actors have been thick friends. Rajini, 61, romanced Bachchan’s bahu Aishwarya Rai in the superhit film ‘Robot’, released last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani