Rajini in Singapore hospital on Big B’s advice
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been constantly in touch with superstar Rajinikanth and his family ever since the ‘Robot’ star was hospitalized last month.
Rajini, who flew to Singapore recently for further treatment of renal failure, was actually advised by Big B to head to Mount Elizabeth Hospital. And, apparently he also had a word with the doctors over there.
Talking to a daily, a source close to Rajini’s family said, “Rajiniji has been diagnosed with renal failure leading to kidney complications. Rajiniji’s family is indebted to Amitji for recommending the treatment in Singapore.”
Bachchan, who is very close to the superstar, is deeply concerned about his recurrent illness in the recent past. He said, “I’ve been talking to Rajini and his wife Latha on his condition and on his welfare regularly. Latha wanted to take him out and asked me to recommend a destination. Of the many options that came up, I suggested Singapore.”
Expressing how grounded Rajini is despite being a megastar, Big B said, “He’s so down-to-earth! How he remains that way with the kind of fan-following is a mystery. And his wife has been a wonderful support. She has brought up their children so well. We discuss issues with each other.”
Rajinikanth and Amitabh Bachchan have acted together in blockbusters ‘Andha Kanoon’ and ‘Hum’. Since then, the two veteran actors have been thick friends. Rajini, 61, romanced Bachchan’s bahu Aishwarya Rai in the superhit film ‘Robot’, released last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?