Rajini in Singapore hospital on Big B’s advice
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been constantly in touch with superstar Rajinikanth and his family ever since the ‘Robot’ star was hospitalized last month.
Rajini, who flew to Singapore recently for further treatment of renal failure, was actually advised by Big B to head to Mount Elizabeth Hospital. And, apparently he also had a word with the doctors over there.
Talking to a daily, a source close to Rajini’s family said, “Rajiniji has been diagnosed with renal failure leading to kidney complications. Rajiniji’s family is indebted to Amitji for recommending the treatment in Singapore.”
Bachchan, who is very close to the superstar, is deeply concerned about his recurrent illness in the recent past. He said, “I’ve been talking to Rajini and his wife Latha on his condition and on his welfare regularly. Latha wanted to take him out and asked me to recommend a destination. Of the many options that came up, I suggested Singapore.”
Expressing how grounded Rajini is despite being a megastar, Big B said, “He’s so down-to-earth! How he remains that way with the kind of fan-following is a mystery. And his wife has been a wonderful support. She has brought up their children so well. We discuss issues with each other.”
Rajinikanth and Amitabh Bachchan have acted together in blockbusters ‘Andha Kanoon’ and ‘Hum’. Since then, the two veteran actors have been thick friends. Rajini, 61, romanced Bachchan’s bahu Aishwarya Rai in the superhit film ‘Robot’, released last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise