Rajiv assassination convict files petition in TADA court
Chennai: AG Perarivalan - life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case – on Friday filed a petition in a TADA court here, seeking to call and peruse the entire case dairies pertaining to CBI (SIT) and its Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Agency which probed the case.
In his petition filed in the Civil Court here, he also sought a direction to CBI to investigate the "left out" area and prayed the court effectively monitor enumerated aspects of investigation carried out by CBI (MDMA).
Judge-in-charge Dhandapani posted the matter for hearing on September 19.
Based on Jain Commission`s report to Parliament, it was decided a further probe was essential to identify the role and activities of individuals to uncover the larger conspiracy in the assassination.
Perarivalan was convicted by a TADA court, which was later confirmed by the Supreme Court.
The life convict submitted the case is pending adjudication in a TADA court as further investigation was sought by the investigation agency, ordered by the same court.
Perarivalan also contended that neither SIT nor MDMA had proceeded with the probe in a proper perspective to bring the accused to book as several top people are involved.
He prayed for effective monitoring by CBI (MDMA) on "unexplored" parts of the earlier investigation and for the court to look into vital information and lacunae in the ongoing probe.
Perarivalan also alleged that this probe clearly showed the agency itself was protecting several unnamed accused and proceeding to close the case against several persons who directly or indirectly facilitated the assassination.
He alleged that CBI (MDMA), entrusted with the primary task to go into the facts of the alleged involvement of a foreign hand beyond LTTE, has not done it properly.
He also alleged that former Chief Election commissioner TN Seshan, in his book had revealed he was aware that Rajiv Gandhi would be murdered on the basis of astrology.
The life convict also contended MDMA had not properly enquired into Seshan`s order a week before the assassination, that former Prime Ministers and Chief Ministers be provided security only when they attend government functions and not when they visit a state as a candidate or as one representing a political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September