Rajiv assassination convict files petition in TADA court
Chennai: AG Perarivalan - life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case – on Friday filed a petition in a TADA court here, seeking to call and peruse the entire case dairies pertaining to CBI (SIT) and its Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Agency which probed the case.
In his petition filed in the Civil Court here, he also sought a direction to CBI to investigate the "left out" area and prayed the court effectively monitor enumerated aspects of investigation carried out by CBI (MDMA).
Judge-in-charge Dhandapani posted the matter for hearing on September 19.
Based on Jain Commission`s report to Parliament, it was decided a further probe was essential to identify the role and activities of individuals to uncover the larger conspiracy in the assassination.
Perarivalan was convicted by a TADA court, which was later confirmed by the Supreme Court.
The life convict submitted the case is pending adjudication in a TADA court as further investigation was sought by the investigation agency, ordered by the same court.
Perarivalan also contended that neither SIT nor MDMA had proceeded with the probe in a proper perspective to bring the accused to book as several top people are involved.
He prayed for effective monitoring by CBI (MDMA) on "unexplored" parts of the earlier investigation and for the court to look into vital information and lacunae in the ongoing probe.
Perarivalan also alleged that this probe clearly showed the agency itself was protecting several unnamed accused and proceeding to close the case against several persons who directly or indirectly facilitated the assassination.
He alleged that CBI (MDMA), entrusted with the primary task to go into the facts of the alleged involvement of a foreign hand beyond LTTE, has not done it properly.
He also alleged that former Chief Election commissioner TN Seshan, in his book had revealed he was aware that Rajiv Gandhi would be murdered on the basis of astrology.
The life convict also contended MDMA had not properly enquired into Seshan`s order a week before the assassination, that former Prime Ministers and Chief Ministers be provided security only when they attend government functions and not when they visit a state as a candidate or as one representing a political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India