Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Awards awards announced
New Delhi: The Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Awards for service to children were announced on Sunday for persons who have made contribution in the field of child protection and welfare.
The Women and Child Development Ministry announced the awards for 2011 for R Ravi Kumar, Swami Japananda and N Thungdemo Kikon.
While Kumar is the President of Sri Gayatri Welfare and Cultural Youth Academy, Visakhapatnam, Japananda is the Chairman of Swami Vivekananda IRHC, Pavagada. Kikon is the founder secretary of Wondang-Ki-Charitable Foundation in Dimapur, Nagaland.
The Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award is conferred on three individuals who make outstanding contribution in the field of child protection, child development or child welfare for over ten years.
The Award carries a cash prize of Rs one lakh and a citation to each awardee, an official statement said here.
The award was instituted on August 20 1994, the 50th birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi to honour individuals who have made outstanding contribution towards the cause of children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata