Rajiv Gandhi remembered on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Saturday led the nation in paying floral tributes to former Prime
Minister Rajiv Gandhi in Parliament House on his birth
Singh, along with Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Leader
of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and others, paid floral tributes
at the portrait of Rajiv Gandhi in the Central Hall of
Parliament House today.
While Rajiv Gandhi`s son and Congress General Secretary
Rahul was also present on the occasion, his wife and UPA
Chairperson Sonia Gandhi was conspicuous by her absence. She
is away in the US, recuperating from an illness after
undergoing an operation recently.
Among others who paid floral tributes to Rajiv Gandhi
in Parliament House were Union ministers, MPs and former MPs,
Secretaries-General of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, T K
Viswanathan and V K Agnihotri respectively also paid floral
A booklet containing profile of Rajiv Gandhi, brought
out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, was
presented to the dignitaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!