Rajiv Gandhi remembered on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Saturday led the nation in paying floral tributes to former Prime
Minister Rajiv Gandhi in Parliament House on his birth
Singh, along with Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Leader
of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and others, paid floral tributes
at the portrait of Rajiv Gandhi in the Central Hall of
Parliament House today.
While Rajiv Gandhi`s son and Congress General Secretary
Rahul was also present on the occasion, his wife and UPA
Chairperson Sonia Gandhi was conspicuous by her absence. She
is away in the US, recuperating from an illness after
undergoing an operation recently.
Among others who paid floral tributes to Rajiv Gandhi
in Parliament House were Union ministers, MPs and former MPs,
Secretaries-General of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, T K
Viswanathan and V K Agnihotri respectively also paid floral
A booklet containing profile of Rajiv Gandhi, brought
out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, was
presented to the dignitaries.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICC rankings: India lose top T20 spot; slip to 4th position in ODIs
- Kanhaiya Kumar questions JNU VC for calling hunger strike 'unlawful', compares self with Bhagat Singh, Gandhi
- Apple loses China trademark case for ''iPhone'' on leather goods
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000