Rajiv Takru is new Financial Services Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru on Friday took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services.
A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO, replaced DK Mittal who retired yesterday.
Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later in the month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 05.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) posted him as OSD in the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, from January 15 to January 31, 2013.
Prior to this Takru was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj