Rajiv Takru is new Financial Services Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru on Friday took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services.
A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO, replaced DK Mittal who retired yesterday.
Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later in the month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 05.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) posted him as OSD in the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, from January 15 to January 31, 2013.
Prior to this Takru was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living