Rajiv Takru is new Financial Services Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru on Friday took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services.
A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO, replaced DK Mittal who retired yesterday.
Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later in the month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 05.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) posted him as OSD in the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, from January 15 to January 31, 2013.
Prior to this Takru was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof