Rajiv Takru is new Financial Services Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Takru on Friday took charge as Secretary in the Department of Financial Services.
A 1979 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Takru was previously Prasar Bharti CEO, replaced DK Mittal who retired yesterday.
Takru, who joins the Finance Ministry ahead of the Budget for 2013-14 to be presented later in the month, is scheduled meet heads of public sector bankers on February 05.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) posted him as OSD in the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, from January 15 to January 31, 2013.
Prior to this Takru was Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi