Rajnath defends Kalyan during debate in LS on Liberhan report
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh was
on Monday found defending his bete noire former Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Kalyan Singh during the high voltage debate on
the Liberhan Commission report in the Lok Sabha.
The BJP chief said the Congress had in 1945 given a strong
commitment not to allow country`s partition but failed to keep
"Now why questions are being raised about Kalyan Singh`s
assurance to the Supreme Court on not allowing any damage to
the disputed structure," he said initiating the debate on
behalf of BJP.
Rajnath Singh, who is also a former UP Chief Minister,
said Kalyan Singh had expressed his inability to the Centre to
use force against the Kar Sewaks as it could lead to religious
He alleged that the Centre did not take action to prevent
trouble despite Kalyan Singh refusing to use force.
Attacking another former Chief Minister Mulayam Singh
Yadav, the BJP leader said, "I will not take the name, but the
person is present in House. His government had opened fire on
kar sewaks which led to religious discord."
Rajnath Singh said Kalyan Singh was trying to avoid the
situation created during the SP government by using force on
Kalyan Singh has twice left BJP. He had contested the last
Lok Sabha election as an Independent with SP`s support.
However, following differences with Mulayam Singh Yadav, he
parted ways and had indicated willingness to rejoin BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief