Rajnath defends Modi, hits out at Congress
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): BJP chief Rajnath Singh today came out in defence of Narendra Modi on the snooping row saying while the Gujarat CM himself has ordered a probe into the matter, a "depressed" Congress is busy leveling baseless allegations.
"Congress leaders are giving wayward statements under depression. Their national president Sonia Gandhi terms BJP as a party of poisonous people and its Vice President (Rahul Gandhi) term it as thieves. This is the result of their depression," he alleged.
Rajnath said Modi himself has constituted a commission to probe into the snooping charges.
On a political debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, an issue raised by Modi in his Jammu rally, Rajnath said the principles and ideologies with which BJP started politics still stand firm.
Rajnath said NDA will ensure 33 per cent reservation to women in the Parliament and state Assemblies once it comes to power.
When asked about `Bharat Ratna` to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, after it was conferred on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar he said, "There should not be a demand for Bharat Ratna, as Atalji is an international ratna."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail