Rajnath defends Modi, hits out at Congress
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): BJP chief Rajnath Singh today came out in defence of Narendra Modi on the snooping row saying while the Gujarat CM himself has ordered a probe into the matter, a "depressed" Congress is busy leveling baseless allegations.
"Congress leaders are giving wayward statements under depression. Their national president Sonia Gandhi terms BJP as a party of poisonous people and its Vice President (Rahul Gandhi) term it as thieves. This is the result of their depression," he alleged.
Rajnath said Modi himself has constituted a commission to probe into the snooping charges.
On a political debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, an issue raised by Modi in his Jammu rally, Rajnath said the principles and ideologies with which BJP started politics still stand firm.
Rajnath said NDA will ensure 33 per cent reservation to women in the Parliament and state Assemblies once it comes to power.
When asked about `Bharat Ratna` to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, after it was conferred on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar he said, "There should not be a demand for Bharat Ratna, as Atalji is an international ratna."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'