Rajnath defends Modi, hits out at Congress
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): BJP chief Rajnath Singh today came out in defence of Narendra Modi on the snooping row saying while the Gujarat CM himself has ordered a probe into the matter, a "depressed" Congress is busy leveling baseless allegations.
"Congress leaders are giving wayward statements under depression. Their national president Sonia Gandhi terms BJP as a party of poisonous people and its Vice President (Rahul Gandhi) term it as thieves. This is the result of their depression," he alleged.
Rajnath said Modi himself has constituted a commission to probe into the snooping charges.
On a political debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, an issue raised by Modi in his Jammu rally, Rajnath said the principles and ideologies with which BJP started politics still stand firm.
Rajnath said NDA will ensure 33 per cent reservation to women in the Parliament and state Assemblies once it comes to power.
When asked about `Bharat Ratna` to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, after it was conferred on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar he said, "There should not be a demand for Bharat Ratna, as Atalji is an international ratna."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH