Rajnath defends Modi, hits out at Congress
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): BJP chief Rajnath Singh today came out in defence of Narendra Modi on the snooping row saying while the Gujarat CM himself has ordered a probe into the matter, a "depressed" Congress is busy leveling baseless allegations.
"Congress leaders are giving wayward statements under depression. Their national president Sonia Gandhi terms BJP as a party of poisonous people and its Vice President (Rahul Gandhi) term it as thieves. This is the result of their depression," he alleged.
Rajnath said Modi himself has constituted a commission to probe into the snooping charges.
On a political debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, an issue raised by Modi in his Jammu rally, Rajnath said the principles and ideologies with which BJP started politics still stand firm.
Rajnath said NDA will ensure 33 per cent reservation to women in the Parliament and state Assemblies once it comes to power.
When asked about `Bharat Ratna` to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, after it was conferred on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar he said, "There should not be a demand for Bharat Ratna, as Atalji is an international ratna."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference