Rajnath defends Modi, hits out at Congress
Lakhimpur Kheri (UP): BJP chief Rajnath Singh today came out in defence of Narendra Modi on the snooping row saying while the Gujarat CM himself has ordered a probe into the matter, a "depressed" Congress is busy leveling baseless allegations.
"Congress leaders are giving wayward statements under depression. Their national president Sonia Gandhi terms BJP as a party of poisonous people and its Vice President (Rahul Gandhi) term it as thieves. This is the result of their depression," he alleged.
Rajnath said Modi himself has constituted a commission to probe into the snooping charges.
On a political debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, an issue raised by Modi in his Jammu rally, Rajnath said the principles and ideologies with which BJP started politics still stand firm.
Rajnath said NDA will ensure 33 per cent reservation to women in the Parliament and state Assemblies once it comes to power.
When asked about `Bharat Ratna` to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, after it was conferred on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar he said, "There should not be a demand for Bharat Ratna, as Atalji is an international ratna."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened