Rajnath denies making any adverse comments on RSS Chief
Nagpur: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday
denied having made any adverse comments against Mohan Bhagwat
while reacting to the RSS chief`s remark yesterday that the
saffron party needed "a surgery or chemotherapy", saying he
was a `Swayamsewak` first.
"It pained me when I saw (reports attributed to him)
on TV last night and in newspapers today which said I have
reacted to Bhagwat`s statement," Singh told reporters.
Singh, who was here to felicitate the newly-elected
BJP MLAs, said there was no question of his having questioned
whatever Bhagwat had said "since I am a Swayamsewak first."
"The so called secular forces are trying to divide the
Sangh Parivar, but will never succeed in their evil designs,"
He parried a question about RSS boss` statement made
at a press conference at Jaipur yesterday where he suggested
that the BJP, plagued by leadership issues, dissension and
poll debacles, needed a "surgery or chemotherapy".
The BJP president said whenever needed, the party
would consult the RSS leadership.
Some media reports had said that while reacting to
Bhagwat`s remark, the BJP president had said, "our morale
is high. Whoever has said this (that BJP needs surgery) has
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere