Rajnath denies making any adverse comments on RSS Chief
Nagpur: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday
denied having made any adverse comments against Mohan Bhagwat
while reacting to the RSS chief`s remark yesterday that the
saffron party needed "a surgery or chemotherapy", saying he
was a `Swayamsewak` first.
"It pained me when I saw (reports attributed to him)
on TV last night and in newspapers today which said I have
reacted to Bhagwat`s statement," Singh told reporters.
Singh, who was here to felicitate the newly-elected
BJP MLAs, said there was no question of his having questioned
whatever Bhagwat had said "since I am a Swayamsewak first."
"The so called secular forces are trying to divide the
Sangh Parivar, but will never succeed in their evil designs,"
He parried a question about RSS boss` statement made
at a press conference at Jaipur yesterday where he suggested
that the BJP, plagued by leadership issues, dissension and
poll debacles, needed a "surgery or chemotherapy".
The BJP president said whenever needed, the party
would consult the RSS leadership.
Some media reports had said that while reacting to
Bhagwat`s remark, the BJP president had said, "our morale
is high. Whoever has said this (that BJP needs surgery) has
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says