Rajnath denies making any adverse comments on RSS Chief
Nagpur: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday
denied having made any adverse comments against Mohan Bhagwat
while reacting to the RSS chief`s remark yesterday that the
saffron party needed "a surgery or chemotherapy", saying he
was a `Swayamsewak` first.
"It pained me when I saw (reports attributed to him)
on TV last night and in newspapers today which said I have
reacted to Bhagwat`s statement," Singh told reporters.
Singh, who was here to felicitate the newly-elected
BJP MLAs, said there was no question of his having questioned
whatever Bhagwat had said "since I am a Swayamsewak first."
"The so called secular forces are trying to divide the
Sangh Parivar, but will never succeed in their evil designs,"
He parried a question about RSS boss` statement made
at a press conference at Jaipur yesterday where he suggested
that the BJP, plagued by leadership issues, dissension and
poll debacles, needed a "surgery or chemotherapy".
The BJP president said whenever needed, the party
would consult the RSS leadership.
Some media reports had said that while reacting to
Bhagwat`s remark, the BJP president had said, "our morale
is high. Whoever has said this (that BJP needs surgery) has
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry