Rajnath justifies inclusion of Modi in top BJP body
Aurangabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday justified the induction of Gujarat strongman Narendra Modi in the party`s highest decision-making body, claiming he is the "most popular" Chief Minister in the country.
"Modi has been made a member of BJP`s Parliamentary Board as he is the most popular Chief Minister today", he told the media at Chikalthana airport here on his arrival for a two-day visit to drought-hit areas of Aurangabad and Jalna districts in Central Maharashtra.
Asked why he had not appointed Modi in the board during his previous tenure as the party chief, Singh said "it was based on public feedback. The decision to include him in the parliamentary board too is based on feedback from people."
The BJP chief, who took charge late last year, yesterday released a list of his 74-member new team. The 62-year-old Gujarat CM was the sole BJP leader to be inducted into the 12-member Board.
To a question related to former President Nitin Gadkari and senior party leader Gopinath Munde, widely seen as rivals in Maharashtra, Singh said both are capable to lead the state and denied differences existed between the two.
The former UP Chief Minister said his party would provide all possible assistance to the people in the drought-affected Marathwada region.
Singh later visited the Sambhaji Raje Cooperative Sugar Factory at Chittegaon and then went to see fodder camps.
He also interacted with farmers of Pimpri and Bhakarwadi villages. In the afternoon, the BJP chief had meal at the residence of a farmer in Bhakarwadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?