Rajnath, senior BJP leaders meet RSS, VHP top brass
New Delhi: Days after a change in leadership in the BJP, its senior leaders including President Rajnath Singh on Thursday held detailed discussions with the RSS and VHP top brass to finalise a strategy on issues like Hindu terror, Ram temple at Ayodhya and the Communal Violence Bill.
Singh, accompanied by Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and party veteran Murli Manohar Joshi, held an hour-long meeting with RSS general secretary Suresh "Bhaiyyaji" Joshi, joint general secretary Suresh Soni, and VHP leaders Ashok Singhal and Praveen Togadia among others.
Sources said the strategy for clearing BJP and RSS name of the charge levelled by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde of being the training ground for Hindu and saffron terror came up for discussion. The Sangh organisations will continue to "expose the Congress designs of appeasement politics" to the people across the country.
Need for better coordination and cordiality between RSS, BJP and VHP leaders in the state units was emphasised upon during the meeting, they said.
While BJP described the meeting merely as a "note- exchange" exercise among the three outfits, source said other than Hindu terror, the Ram temple issue and Communal Violence Bill were also discussed.
Asked if BJP will rake up the Ram temple again in the next general elections, party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "BJP, in 1989, at Palampur had passed a resolution that a grand Ram temple should be constructed at Ayodhya. This is the demand of the BJP, the nation and crores of Hindus across the world."
VHP and RSS also expressed their concern to the BJP over the Communal Violence Bill, especially its provision that a riot is initiated only by the majority community. They feel this will be used by the authorities to target Hindus when communal violence takes place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician