Rajnath, senior BJP leaders meet RSS, VHP top brass
New Delhi: Days after a change in leadership in the BJP, its senior leaders including President Rajnath Singh on Thursday held detailed discussions with the RSS and VHP top brass to finalise a strategy on issues like Hindu terror, Ram temple at Ayodhya and the Communal Violence Bill.
Singh, accompanied by Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and party veteran Murli Manohar Joshi, held an hour-long meeting with RSS general secretary Suresh "Bhaiyyaji" Joshi, joint general secretary Suresh Soni, and VHP leaders Ashok Singhal and Praveen Togadia among others.
Sources said the strategy for clearing BJP and RSS name of the charge levelled by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde of being the training ground for Hindu and saffron terror came up for discussion. The Sangh organisations will continue to "expose the Congress designs of appeasement politics" to the people across the country.
Need for better coordination and cordiality between RSS, BJP and VHP leaders in the state units was emphasised upon during the meeting, they said.
While BJP described the meeting merely as a "note- exchange" exercise among the three outfits, source said other than Hindu terror, the Ram temple issue and Communal Violence Bill were also discussed.
Asked if BJP will rake up the Ram temple again in the next general elections, party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "BJP, in 1989, at Palampur had passed a resolution that a grand Ram temple should be constructed at Ayodhya. This is the demand of the BJP, the nation and crores of Hindus across the world."
VHP and RSS also expressed their concern to the BJP over the Communal Violence Bill, especially its provision that a riot is initiated only by the majority community. They feel this will be used by the authorities to target Hindus when communal violence takes place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in