Rajnath Singh allocates work to his deputy
New Delhi: Following Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s advice to cabinet ministers to assign enough work to their junior ministers, Home Minister Rajnath Singh today made his deputy Kiren Rijiju incharge of several divisions, including border management and North-Eastern affairs.
Officials sources said Singh allocated divisions like disaster management, human rights, border management, north-east and a few others to Rijiju.
The Minister of State for Home will be incharge of the day-to-day affairs of the divisions and report to the Home Minister directly.
Singh himself will handle crucial divisions like internal security, Left Wing Extremism, centre-state affairs, police modernisation and a few other divisions.
The work allocation came days after the Prime Minister had asked his cabinet colleagues to allocate enough work to their deputies and report to him at the "earliest".
"It is requested that the distribution of work between the Hon`ble Ministers of State in your Ministry kindly be sent to this office at the earliest", Modi has said in a note sent to cabinet ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical