Rajnath Singh allocates work to his deputy
New Delhi: Following Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s advice to cabinet ministers to assign enough work to their junior ministers, Home Minister Rajnath Singh today made his deputy Kiren Rijiju incharge of several divisions, including border management and North-Eastern affairs.
Officials sources said Singh allocated divisions like disaster management, human rights, border management, north-east and a few others to Rijiju.
The Minister of State for Home will be incharge of the day-to-day affairs of the divisions and report to the Home Minister directly.
Singh himself will handle crucial divisions like internal security, Left Wing Extremism, centre-state affairs, police modernisation and a few other divisions.
The work allocation came days after the Prime Minister had asked his cabinet colleagues to allocate enough work to their deputies and report to him at the "earliest".
"It is requested that the distribution of work between the Hon`ble Ministers of State in your Ministry kindly be sent to this office at the earliest", Modi has said in a note sent to cabinet ministers.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative