Rajnath Singh asks Sharad Yadav to placate Nitish: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Janata Dal (United) contemplates on breaking its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party, reports on Saturday claimed that BJP president Rajnath Singh has spoken to NDA convenor Sharad Yadav and requested him to convince Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to change his stand.
However, it is being said that Nitish had yesterday told Rajnath Singh that JD(U) will no longer continue its alliance and will formally announce its decision soon.
Meanwhile, top JD(U) leaders, including Nitish Kumar and party chief Sharad Yadav, are expected to meet in Patna today to take a call on the future of its alliance with BJP.
The meeting comes after Nitish Kumar on Friday said the situation in the alliance was now "difficult", while the BJP accused his party of trying to split it.
"The situation is difficult now," Nitish Kumar told the media when he was asked about relations between the two parties.
The Chief Minister then recited an Urdu couplet: "Dua detey hai jeene ki, dawa detey hai marne ki (they wish me well, but the medicine they have offered will kill)".
Without taking names, he said some BJP leaders wanted the alliance between the two parties in the state to continue "but are not ready to listen us".
The appointment of Narendra Modi as BJP`s election campaign committee chief, over which JD(U) has strong reservations, has brought the long standing alliance between the two parties to a precipice and could split the BJP-led NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS