Rajnath Singh blames UPA for `economic mess`
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government of pushing the country into an "unprecedented economic crisis".
Addressing a traders` convention here, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader exhorted the traders community to rise to the occasion and vote out the government in the next Lok Sabha battle.
He alleged that the Congress was conspiring to crush the 4.5 crore small time traders in the country by allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
He said the stand of the BJP on FDI had been communicated to the US ambassador to India and it was one of the reasons no company had so far come through the FDI route to invest in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16