Rajnath Singh blames UPA for `economic mess`
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government of pushing the country into an "unprecedented economic crisis".
Addressing a traders` convention here, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader exhorted the traders community to rise to the occasion and vote out the government in the next Lok Sabha battle.
He alleged that the Congress was conspiring to crush the 4.5 crore small time traders in the country by allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
He said the stand of the BJP on FDI had been communicated to the US ambassador to India and it was one of the reasons no company had so far come through the FDI route to invest in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested