Rajnath Singh blames UPA for `economic mess`
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government of pushing the country into an "unprecedented economic crisis".
Addressing a traders` convention here, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader exhorted the traders community to rise to the occasion and vote out the government in the next Lok Sabha battle.
He alleged that the Congress was conspiring to crush the 4.5 crore small time traders in the country by allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
He said the stand of the BJP on FDI had been communicated to the US ambassador to India and it was one of the reasons no company had so far come through the FDI route to invest in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi