Rajnath Singh blames UPA for `economic mess`
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government of pushing the country into an "unprecedented economic crisis".
Addressing a traders` convention here, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader exhorted the traders community to rise to the occasion and vote out the government in the next Lok Sabha battle.
He alleged that the Congress was conspiring to crush the 4.5 crore small time traders in the country by allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
He said the stand of the BJP on FDI had been communicated to the US ambassador to India and it was one of the reasons no company had so far come through the FDI route to invest in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids