Rajnath Singh blames UPA for `economic mess`
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh Friday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government of pushing the country into an "unprecedented economic crisis".
Addressing a traders` convention here, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader exhorted the traders community to rise to the occasion and vote out the government in the next Lok Sabha battle.
He alleged that the Congress was conspiring to crush the 4.5 crore small time traders in the country by allowing foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
He said the stand of the BJP on FDI had been communicated to the US ambassador to India and it was one of the reasons no company had so far come through the FDI route to invest in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants