Rajnath Singh defends Modi
New Delhi: Defending Narendra Modi in the
wake of allegations by a senior police official of his support
to post-Godhra rioters, former BJP President Rajnath Singh
today said he could not even imagine that the Gujarat Chief
Minister could do so.
"From what I know of Narendra Modi personally I cannot
even imagine (that he would have supported post-Godhra
rioters. The court will itself decide on the PIL or affidavit
that this person has filed," Singh told reporters in reply to
IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt has stated in an affidavit to
the Supreme Court that he was present in a meeting on
February 27, 2002 where Modi said the Muslims should be taught
a lesson for the Godhra riots. Modi is alleged to have said
that Hindus should be allowed to vent their anger.
Singh rose to Modi`s defence today and said Modi could
not have done so.
"I have full faith that truth will come out in the
coming days," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman