Rajnath Singh defends Modi
New Delhi: Defending Narendra Modi in the
wake of allegations by a senior police official of his support
to post-Godhra rioters, former BJP President Rajnath Singh
today said he could not even imagine that the Gujarat Chief
Minister could do so.
"From what I know of Narendra Modi personally I cannot
even imagine (that he would have supported post-Godhra
rioters. The court will itself decide on the PIL or affidavit
that this person has filed," Singh told reporters in reply to
IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt has stated in an affidavit to
the Supreme Court that he was present in a meeting on
February 27, 2002 where Modi said the Muslims should be taught
a lesson for the Godhra riots. Modi is alleged to have said
that Hindus should be allowed to vent their anger.
Singh rose to Modi`s defence today and said Modi could
not have done so.
"I have full faith that truth will come out in the
coming days," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail