Rajnath Singh to file nominations on April 7
Lucknow: BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Thursday regretted his not being able to devote time to Lucknow from where he is contesting the Lok Sabha elections, and said he would make every attempt to reach the city and file his nominations on April 7.
"I know, I will not be able to devote much time here. But it will be my attempt to reach Lucknow by night irrespective of my political rallies all over the country. I will file my nominations from here on April 7," Rajnath told party workers at a meeting here.
He said that after elections he would visit every booth level worker and thank them for their hard work in ensuring his victory in this historic seat.
Hailing development in Gujarat, Singh said that Rajiv Gandhi foundation and the US had appreciated good works being done by Narendra Modi government there.
"There is wave in favour of BJP all over the country... If you make BJP government at the Centre, India would become world leader in the days to come," he said.
BJP leader and sitting MP Lalji Tondon assured the BJP president that he would oversee the election arrangements in Lucknow, and asked Rajnath to focus on campaigning for Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?