Rajnath to resign if party decides on his successor
New Delhi: Amid speculation by the media that Rajnath Singh, the President of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), may quit from his post before the completion of his term, Singh said he has no problems about quitting before his tenure, provided the party finds a suitable successor.
Singh whose term as BJP President ends on December 31, told reporters here that he along with his party colleagues would find an early solution.
"There should be efforts that it happens as soon as possible. But I will sit with all my colleagues and hold discussions to reach a consensus," said Singh.
The change of responsibility is a natural thing and it would be done with the consent of the party, he added.
"As far as the question of Bharatiya Janata Party is concerned, change of responsibility is a natural process. As it is, my tenure is getting over and new president has to take over the work. And whenever change of responsibility takes place in BJP it would be done after a consensus and the information will be passed on to you," said Singh.
Singh said that he would abide by the party``s decision and would continue to work for the party``s ideology as a party worker in the coming years.
"As far as question of coming years is concerned we are all workers of the party. We are committed to the ideology of the party and we will continue working for the party``s ideology for our whole life with a firm conviction," said the BJP President.
The name of Nitin Gadkari, the state unit chief of BJP in Maharashtra is cropping up for the post of BJP chief.
Gadkari is said to have the backing of Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
It is speculated that he will take over as BJP President in mid-December when BJP goes for elections in all the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks