Rajnath to visit riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar tomorrow
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh will visit the riot affected areas of Muzaffarnagar tomorrow and meet the family members of the journalist and two Jat youths killed during the initial phase of the violence that has left 43 people dead.
Singh will visit the residence of Rajesh Verma, a news channel freelancer, who was killed while reporting on the riots, and meet his family members, BJP media convener Shrikant Sharma said.
He will also go to Mallikapur village to offer his condolences to the family members of Gaurav and Sachin, the two young men killed by a mob. Their death led to a flare-up and engulfed other villages leading to killing of 43 people.
More than five thousand people have been displaced due to the violence.
Before Singh, Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad, along with two other MPs, had tried to visit Muzaffarnagar but were arrested at the Ghaziabad border by the police. They were told that their visit will further incite violence in the area.
BJP Vice-President Uma Bharti had given a slip to the police earlier this week and reached the Muzaffarnagar border. However, when she was detained by the police, Bharti sat on a dharna.
Bharti later raised the issue in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly of which she is a member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility
- Kargil war: When Pakistan faced stinging defeat at the hands of India - Watch
- Narsingh Yadav Doping Scandal: Wrestler's food was spiked by an intruder, reveals hostel cook
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh