Rajnath`s communal slur on Congress irresponsible: Khuntia
Bhubaneswar: Congress` Rajya Sabha MP Ramachandra Khuntia on Thursday termed BJP president Rajnath Singh`s statement on his party as "irresponsible" and said the country`s oldest political party stands on socialism and democracy.
"Congress does not require a certificate from BJP. The party stands for its socialist and democratic ideologies. BJP president`s remark is irresponsible," Khuntia said while reacting over Singh`s remark on Congress.
Singh had yesterday dubbed Congress as the "most communal" while claiming BJP as the "biggest secular" party in the country.
Khuntia, however, said "we would be happy if BJP turns secular".
Singh made this remark against Congress while replying to a question about Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s comments on the BJP.
Patnaik had recently dubbed BJP as "communal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security