Raju criticises Naqvi for personal attack on Tharoor
New Delhi: HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Wednesday criticised BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for taking a jibe against his Cabinet colleague Shashi Tharoor, saying it is unfair to comment about a person who holds high distinction in public life.
Tharoor, who has been allocated the portfolio of Minister of State in the HRD Ministry, is expected to take charge soon.
"It is very unfair to comment on persons who is as experienced as Shashi Tharoor. You must all remember that he has held important positions in the United Nation and is a scholar and a man of great distinction.
"We think, we should utilise his skill in this Ministry that touches so many lives," Raju told reporters here when his attention was drawn to Naqvi`s remarks.
Naqvi had reportedly termed him a "love guru" while taking a jibe at the newly-appointed minister over his comment against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday.
Tharoor had tweeted, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!