Raju criticises Naqvi for personal attack on Tharoor
New Delhi: HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Wednesday criticised BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for taking a jibe against his Cabinet colleague Shashi Tharoor, saying it is unfair to comment about a person who holds high distinction in public life.
Tharoor, who has been allocated the portfolio of Minister of State in the HRD Ministry, is expected to take charge soon.
"It is very unfair to comment on persons who is as experienced as Shashi Tharoor. You must all remember that he has held important positions in the United Nation and is a scholar and a man of great distinction.
"We think, we should utilise his skill in this Ministry that touches so many lives," Raju told reporters here when his attention was drawn to Naqvi`s remarks.
Naqvi had reportedly termed him a "love guru" while taking a jibe at the newly-appointed minister over his comment against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday.
Tharoor had tweeted, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees