Raju criticises Naqvi for personal attack on Tharoor
New Delhi: HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Wednesday criticised BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for taking a jibe against his Cabinet colleague Shashi Tharoor, saying it is unfair to comment about a person who holds high distinction in public life.
Tharoor, who has been allocated the portfolio of Minister of State in the HRD Ministry, is expected to take charge soon.
"It is very unfair to comment on persons who is as experienced as Shashi Tharoor. You must all remember that he has held important positions in the United Nation and is a scholar and a man of great distinction.
"We think, we should utilise his skill in this Ministry that touches so many lives," Raju told reporters here when his attention was drawn to Naqvi`s remarks.
Naqvi had reportedly termed him a "love guru" while taking a jibe at the newly-appointed minister over his comment against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday.
Tharoor had tweeted, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video