Raju criticises Naqvi for personal attack on Tharoor
New Delhi: HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Wednesday criticised BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for taking a jibe against his Cabinet colleague Shashi Tharoor, saying it is unfair to comment about a person who holds high distinction in public life.
Tharoor, who has been allocated the portfolio of Minister of State in the HRD Ministry, is expected to take charge soon.
"It is very unfair to comment on persons who is as experienced as Shashi Tharoor. You must all remember that he has held important positions in the United Nation and is a scholar and a man of great distinction.
"We think, we should utilise his skill in this Ministry that touches so many lives," Raju told reporters here when his attention was drawn to Naqvi`s remarks.
Naqvi had reportedly termed him a "love guru" while taking a jibe at the newly-appointed minister over his comment against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday.
Tharoor had tweeted, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them