Raju criticises Naqvi for personal attack on Tharoor
New Delhi: HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Wednesday criticised BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for taking a jibe against his Cabinet colleague Shashi Tharoor, saying it is unfair to comment about a person who holds high distinction in public life.
Tharoor, who has been allocated the portfolio of Minister of State in the HRD Ministry, is expected to take charge soon.
"It is very unfair to comment on persons who is as experienced as Shashi Tharoor. You must all remember that he has held important positions in the United Nation and is a scholar and a man of great distinction.
"We think, we should utilise his skill in this Ministry that touches so many lives," Raju told reporters here when his attention was drawn to Naqvi`s remarks.
Naqvi had reportedly termed him a "love guru" while taking a jibe at the newly-appointed minister over his comment against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday.
Tharoor had tweeted, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog