Rajya Sabha adjourned for day over sugarcane prices
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday following noisy protests by the opposition on the issue of sugarcane prices.
The trouble began immediately after the house assembled when Samajwadi Party MPs raised slogans against the government.
With the protests continuing when the house re-assembled at 12 noon, Ansari adjourned the session for the day to meet at 11 a.m. on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan