Rajya Sabha adjourned for day over sugarcane prices
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday following noisy protests by the opposition on the issue of sugarcane prices.
The trouble began immediately after the house assembled when Samajwadi Party MPs raised slogans against the government.
With the protests continuing when the house re-assembled at 12 noon, Ansari adjourned the session for the day to meet at 11 a.m. on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'