Rajya Sabha adjourned for day over sugarcane prices
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday following noisy protests by the opposition on the issue of sugarcane prices.
The trouble began immediately after the house assembled when Samajwadi Party MPs raised slogans against the government.
With the protests continuing when the house re-assembled at 12 noon, Ansari adjourned the session for the day to meet at 11 a.m. on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre