Rajya Sabha adjourned for day over sugarcane prices
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday following noisy protests by the opposition on the issue of sugarcane prices.
The trouble began immediately after the house assembled when Samajwadi Party MPs raised slogans against the government.
With the protests continuing when the house re-assembled at 12 noon, Ansari adjourned the session for the day to meet at 11 a.m. on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch