Rajya Sabha adjourned for day over sugarcane prices
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday following noisy protests by the opposition on the issue of sugarcane prices.
The trouble began immediately after the house assembled when Samajwadi Party MPs raised slogans against the government.
With the protests continuing when the house re-assembled at 12 noon, Ansari adjourned the session for the day to meet at 11 a.m. on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2