Rajya Sabha adjourned over civil nuclear bill
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Thursday saw regular disruptions after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) members alleged a deal between the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the civil nuclear liability bill.
As the House met after lunch break 2, LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan and RJD leaders Ram Kripal Yadav and Rajneeti Prasad were on their feet alleging that the Congress and BJP had struck a deal.
The LJP and RJD members walked noisily towards the speaker after which the house was adjourned till 3 pm.
Ending weeks of impasse over the contentious nuclear liability bill, the BJP on Tuesday indicated its willingness to accept the trebling of compensation in case of a nuclear accident to Rs ,500 crore from Rs 500 crore.
The report on civil nuclear bill by a parliamentary panel was tabled in the house Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love