Rajya Sabha adjourned over civil nuclear bill
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Thursday saw regular disruptions after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) members alleged a deal between the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the civil nuclear liability bill.
As the House met after lunch break 2, LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan and RJD leaders Ram Kripal Yadav and Rajneeti Prasad were on their feet alleging that the Congress and BJP had struck a deal.
The LJP and RJD members walked noisily towards the speaker after which the house was adjourned till 3 pm.
Ending weeks of impasse over the contentious nuclear liability bill, the BJP on Tuesday indicated its willingness to accept the trebling of compensation in case of a nuclear accident to Rs ,500 crore from Rs 500 crore.
The report on civil nuclear bill by a parliamentary panel was tabled in the house Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever