Rajya Sabha adjourned over harassment of fishermen
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned till noon Thursday as AIADMK members sought an immediate reply from the government on the alleged harassment of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy.
AIADMK and DMK members raised the issue soon after the house met for the day.
DMK member Tiruchi Siva said "harassment" of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy was an "ongoing affair" and six such incidents had occurred over the past month.
V Maitreyan of AIADMK also expressed his concern over the matter and sought an answer from the government.
Chairman M Hamid Ansari asked Maitreyan to take his seat amid noisy scenes in the house on the issue.
As the din continued, the chairman adjourned the house till 12 noon.
Bharatiya Janata Party members M Venkaiah Naidu and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi earlier sought suspension of Question Hour to discuss the terrorist attack in Srinagar Wednesday in which five CRPF personnel were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands