Rajya Sabha adjourned over harassment of fishermen
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned till noon Thursday as AIADMK members sought an immediate reply from the government on the alleged harassment of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy.
AIADMK and DMK members raised the issue soon after the house met for the day.
DMK member Tiruchi Siva said "harassment" of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy was an "ongoing affair" and six such incidents had occurred over the past month.
V Maitreyan of AIADMK also expressed his concern over the matter and sought an answer from the government.
Chairman M Hamid Ansari asked Maitreyan to take his seat amid noisy scenes in the house on the issue.
As the din continued, the chairman adjourned the house till 12 noon.
Bharatiya Janata Party members M Venkaiah Naidu and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi earlier sought suspension of Question Hour to discuss the terrorist attack in Srinagar Wednesday in which five CRPF personnel were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price