Rajya Sabha by-poll on May 12 to fill Arjun Singh`s seat
New Delhi: Bye-election to the Rajya Sabha
seat from Madhya Pradesh held by late Congress leader Arjun
Singh will be held on May 12.
The Congress veteran died on March 4 and his term in the
Upper House was to expire on April 2 next year.
As per the schedule announced by the Election Commission,
notification would be issued on April 25. The last date for
filing nominations is May 2 and scrutiny will be done the
following day. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is
Counting of votes will begin after completion of polling
on May 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read