Rajya Sabha by-poll on May 12 to fill Arjun Singh`s seat
New Delhi: Bye-election to the Rajya Sabha
seat from Madhya Pradesh held by late Congress leader Arjun
Singh will be held on May 12.
The Congress veteran died on March 4 and his term in the
Upper House was to expire on April 2 next year.
As per the schedule announced by the Election Commission,
notification would be issued on April 25. The last date for
filing nominations is May 2 and scrutiny will be done the
following day. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is
Counting of votes will begin after completion of polling
on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks