Rajya Sabha polls: CPI has no plans for alliance with other parties
Chennai: CPI on Saturday said it does not have any plans for alliance with other political parties in Tamil Nadu for the June 27 Rajya Sabha biennial elections.
"Till now there is no such alliance or any such thing. As AIADMK is contesting all five seats, they have expressed their inability to give extra votes", Party`s national General Secretary Sudhakar Reddy told reporters here.
"So at the moment, no alliance, no adjustments with other parties... We will wait and see how the events unfold in the next three-four days", he said.
Reddy and senior party leader AB Bardhan had recently met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in Delhi to seek the ruling AIADMK`s support for its Rajya Sabha candidate.
The party is yet to take a formal decision on renominating D Raja or nominate anyone else as its Rajya Sabha candidate.
The tenure of Raja, along with A Elavarasan, V Maitreyan (both AIADMK), Kanimozhi, Tiruchi N Siva (both DMK) and B S Gnanadesikan (Cong) expires on July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets