Rajya Sabha prorogued
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha, which was adjourned sine die on December 20, was prorogued by the President on December 24.
The winter session had commenced on November 22.
The move comes days after BJP leader Sushma Swaraj urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convene a special session of Parliament for amending the existing law to provide death sentence for heinous crimes against women.
After the UPA Government turned down its suggestion on convening a special session, the BJP had taken up the matter with the President.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources