Rajya Sabha Question Hour timings changed
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Friday announced that question hour in the Upper house would be taken up in the afternoon instead of morning from next week.
Ansari said members raise issues of concern at the expense of Question Hour and it had been decided to shift the timings.
He said 2 pm to 3 pm every day and 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm on Friday "shall be available for asking and answering of questions". He said the new timings would come into force from March 7.
"It has been observed that matters of concern are raised at the expense of Question Hour," he said.
The Chairman said the decision to shift the timings had been taken after consultation. He said when the house meets in the morning, matters of concern would be raised with the permission of the chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch