Rajya Sabha Question Hour timings changed
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Friday announced that question hour in the Upper house would be taken up in the afternoon instead of morning from next week.
Ansari said members raise issues of concern at the expense of Question Hour and it had been decided to shift the timings.
He said 2 pm to 3 pm every day and 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm on Friday "shall be available for asking and answering of questions". He said the new timings would come into force from March 7.
"It has been observed that matters of concern are raised at the expense of Question Hour," he said.
The Chairman said the decision to shift the timings had been taken after consultation. He said when the house meets in the morning, matters of concern would be raised with the permission of the chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you