Rajya Sabha Question Hour timings changed
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Friday announced that question hour in the Upper house would be taken up in the afternoon instead of morning from next week.
Ansari said members raise issues of concern at the expense of Question Hour and it had been decided to shift the timings.
He said 2 pm to 3 pm every day and 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm on Friday "shall be available for asking and answering of questions". He said the new timings would come into force from March 7.
"It has been observed that matters of concern are raised at the expense of Question Hour," he said.
The Chairman said the decision to shift the timings had been taken after consultation. He said when the house meets in the morning, matters of concern would be raised with the permission of the chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015