Rajya Sabha Question Hour timings changed
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Friday announced that question hour in the Upper house would be taken up in the afternoon instead of morning from next week.
Ansari said members raise issues of concern at the expense of Question Hour and it had been decided to shift the timings.
He said 2 pm to 3 pm every day and 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm on Friday "shall be available for asking and answering of questions". He said the new timings would come into force from March 7.
"It has been observed that matters of concern are raised at the expense of Question Hour," he said.
The Chairman said the decision to shift the timings had been taken after consultation. He said when the house meets in the morning, matters of concern would be raised with the permission of the chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!