Rajya Sabha to sit on Thursday
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha will function tomorrow to pass important pending legislation like the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, Parliament sources said.
The Upper House was to adjourn sine die today but has been extended by another day in view of the pending Bills.
The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, which was passed by the Lok Sabha yesterday after some initial hiccups, will come up for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha tomorrow. Finance Minister P Chidambaram, who piloted the Bill, dropped some clauses on which BJP and other parties were objecting.
BJP and the Left parties were opposed to the inclusion of a provison allowing forward trading in the Bill. It was passed after Chidambaram announced that this clause is being removed.
The Companies Bill, which was also passed by the Lok Sabha yesterday, is, however unlikely to come up for discussion and passage tomorrow due to opposition from BJP.
Deputy Leader of BJP in the Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said in the House that there is no agreement on the bill.
The winter session of Parliament, which started on November 22, will come to an end tomorrow as per the earlier schedule with both Houses adjourning sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi