Ralegan Siddhi folks reaching MMRDA
Mumbai: Concern over Anna Hazare`s health weighing on their minds, villagers of Ralegan Siddhi will arrive here Wednesday, the second day of his fast for a strong Lokpal Bill.
"About seven to eight vehicles, carrying people of Ralegan, including the village sarpanch, will reach Mumbai tomorrow," Hazare`s associate Datta Awari told reporters from Gandhian`s native village.
The village today observed a bandh as students went on a token day-long fast and a candle light march was taken out, Awari said.
They remained glued to TV to watch the proceedings at MMRDA ground on day one of the latest anti-corruption agitation launched by Hazare, he said.
"Some sarpanch and upasarpanch in a few villages in Pune district will also reach Mumbai tomorrow," Awari said.
Hazare aide Suresh Pathare had earlier said the
activist has no fever and his blood pressure is near normal.
"His blood pressure was 140/86 and pulse 84," he said.
There were concerns about 74-year-old Hazare`s health
as he was suffering from viral infection.
Hazare has decided to continue with his fast rejecting
appeals by his close aides Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi to
call it off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH