Ralegan Siddhi folks reaching MMRDA
Mumbai: Concern over Anna Hazare`s health weighing on their minds, villagers of Ralegan Siddhi will arrive here Wednesday, the second day of his fast for a strong Lokpal Bill.
"About seven to eight vehicles, carrying people of Ralegan, including the village sarpanch, will reach Mumbai tomorrow," Hazare`s associate Datta Awari told reporters from Gandhian`s native village.
The village today observed a bandh as students went on a token day-long fast and a candle light march was taken out, Awari said.
They remained glued to TV to watch the proceedings at MMRDA ground on day one of the latest anti-corruption agitation launched by Hazare, he said.
"Some sarpanch and upasarpanch in a few villages in Pune district will also reach Mumbai tomorrow," Awari said.
Hazare aide Suresh Pathare had earlier said the
activist has no fever and his blood pressure is near normal.
"His blood pressure was 140/86 and pulse 84," he said.
There were concerns about 74-year-old Hazare`s health
as he was suffering from viral infection.
Hazare has decided to continue with his fast rejecting
appeals by his close aides Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi to
call it off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters