Ram Gopal`s remarks made my heart cry: Amar
New Delhi: Sulking Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh, who quit from all organisational posts, today said
he was hurt and "felt like crying" following Ram Gopal Yadav`s
remarks that he has "lost his mental balance".
Set to reach Mumbai tomorrow to campaign for party
colleague Abu Azmi`s son Kamran, who is contesting Bhiwandi
by-election, Singh wrote in his blog today that he spoke to SP
chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over phone and both of them became
The SP leader, who is currently in London and had faxed
his resignation from key party posts last week from Dubai to
Mulayam Singh Yadav wrote that though he has never uttered any
word of criticism against Yadav or his family, the party
chief`s cousin "Ram Gopal Yadav has been saying a lot about me
in the media, which made my heart cry and I expressed my grief
by remaining within limits of decency.
"Media reports said I have criticised Netaji (Mulayam)
and his family. This is completely false, politics apart,
Netaji, Shivpal Yadav (Mulayam`s younger brother), Akhilesh
Yadav and even Ram Gopal Yadav, with all of these I have had
personal relations and we have weathered several storms. These
relations are beyond any politics. I can never even dream of
criticising this family," he wrote in the blog.
Singh, however, said after speaking to Mulayam, "both of
us became emotional. I think Mulayam Singh Yadav understands
the pain of this small party worker of his who has given his
blood and sweat for the party and in return lost his kidneys."
Yesterday, Ram Gopal Yadav, a cousin of SP chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav and general secretary of the party, said he was
sure Amar Singh "has lost his mental balance".
Amar Singh also appreciated his supporters for not
uttering a single word against the party leadership, despite
"my elder brother (referring to Ram Gopal Yadav) and his
supporters leaving no stone unturned in criticising me".
The SP leader said Mulayam Singh Yadav has always taught
him the rule that silence is golden and that is why he has
tried to follow the dictum even though "some of Mulayam Singh
Yadav`s close relations failed to understand the philosophy of
He, however, appreciated Mulayam`s son Akhilesh Yadav,
whom he described as "someone who is uncorrupted despite being
a third term MP. He has the capability of differentiating
between good and bad, something which I think some of the
elders of his family should learn from him".
Amar Singh, however, expressed disappointment over the
results of UP legislative council elections which were
declared earlier in the day, where SP managed to win just one
seat while its arch rival BSP swept the polls.
"I am disappointed by the party`s poor show in the
elections because I felt that with my remaining away from UP,
98 per cent of party workers who are supposedly happy with my
resignation, could have at least ensured party`s victory in
its bastions like Deoria and Etawah.
"However this could not happen. So what should I make out of
this result? Ironically the lone seat won by the party went to
Akshay Pratap Singh, who is considered close to me," he wrote.
Amar Singh, however, said the results don`t indicate
BSP`s popularity, but SP`s internal failure due to which the
party failed to take political advantage of the people`s anger
towards BSP in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly