Ram Gopal`s remarks made my heart cry: Amar
New Delhi: Sulking Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh, who quit from all organisational posts, today said
he was hurt and "felt like crying" following Ram Gopal Yadav`s
remarks that he has "lost his mental balance".
Set to reach Mumbai tomorrow to campaign for party
colleague Abu Azmi`s son Kamran, who is contesting Bhiwandi
by-election, Singh wrote in his blog today that he spoke to SP
chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over phone and both of them became
The SP leader, who is currently in London and had faxed
his resignation from key party posts last week from Dubai to
Mulayam Singh Yadav wrote that though he has never uttered any
word of criticism against Yadav or his family, the party
chief`s cousin "Ram Gopal Yadav has been saying a lot about me
in the media, which made my heart cry and I expressed my grief
by remaining within limits of decency.
"Media reports said I have criticised Netaji (Mulayam)
and his family. This is completely false, politics apart,
Netaji, Shivpal Yadav (Mulayam`s younger brother), Akhilesh
Yadav and even Ram Gopal Yadav, with all of these I have had
personal relations and we have weathered several storms. These
relations are beyond any politics. I can never even dream of
criticising this family," he wrote in the blog.
Singh, however, said after speaking to Mulayam, "both of
us became emotional. I think Mulayam Singh Yadav understands
the pain of this small party worker of his who has given his
blood and sweat for the party and in return lost his kidneys."
Yesterday, Ram Gopal Yadav, a cousin of SP chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav and general secretary of the party, said he was
sure Amar Singh "has lost his mental balance".
Amar Singh also appreciated his supporters for not
uttering a single word against the party leadership, despite
"my elder brother (referring to Ram Gopal Yadav) and his
supporters leaving no stone unturned in criticising me".
The SP leader said Mulayam Singh Yadav has always taught
him the rule that silence is golden and that is why he has
tried to follow the dictum even though "some of Mulayam Singh
Yadav`s close relations failed to understand the philosophy of
He, however, appreciated Mulayam`s son Akhilesh Yadav,
whom he described as "someone who is uncorrupted despite being
a third term MP. He has the capability of differentiating
between good and bad, something which I think some of the
elders of his family should learn from him".
Amar Singh, however, expressed disappointment over the
results of UP legislative council elections which were
declared earlier in the day, where SP managed to win just one
seat while its arch rival BSP swept the polls.
"I am disappointed by the party`s poor show in the
elections because I felt that with my remaining away from UP,
98 per cent of party workers who are supposedly happy with my
resignation, could have at least ensured party`s victory in
its bastions like Deoria and Etawah.
"However this could not happen. So what should I make out of
this result? Ironically the lone seat won by the party went to
Akshay Pratap Singh, who is considered close to me," he wrote.
Amar Singh, however, said the results don`t indicate
BSP`s popularity, but SP`s internal failure due to which the
party failed to take political advantage of the people`s anger
towards BSP in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof