Ram Jethmalani an outsider: Sushil Modi
New Delhi/Patna: Even as Ram Jethmalani works to build consensus against Nitin Gadkari, his public challenge to the BJP president is being questioned from within the party.
Clearly standing with Gadkari, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday questioned the very basis on which Ram Jethmalani and his son Mahesh Jethmalani have questioned Gadkari.
Modi dismissed their stand by asserting that both of them are leaders who came from outside.
Modi’s statement can also been seen in context of his apparent disapproval of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate in 2014, a cause which Jethmalani has been backing.
The core committee of the BJP is meeting at 5 pm today to discuss the entire issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’